Opportunities for Math Majors
For SUMMER 2018 – DEADLINES APPROACHING
- 2018 ECoS Summer Undergraduate Research Program (Application deadline, March 18) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19UILJqiQdo8VVqcXrQhzV8jgxZiMFuqO
- 2018 Undergraduate Summer Training Program: Modeling and Computation in Biomedical Sciences (USTP-MCBS) http://personal.psu.edu/wxh64/Summer2018.html
- WIM (women in math) Fellowship. Summer 2018 or during 2018-2019. DEADLINE for applications is March 27, 2018. http://wim.math.psu.edu/ugsup/.
- 2018 Penn State Student Engagement Network (Application deadline, March 16) http://www.engage.psu.edu/students/grants/.html
- Summer Opportunities: For a list of Math REUs, see http://www.ams.org/programs/students/emp-reu
- Libraries offer $1,250 award for outstanding undergraduate thesis! See https://libraries.psu.edu/about/student-awards/outstanding-undergraduate-thesis-award Go Math Students!
- Ask your mathematics, first-year, seminar course instructor for a “Discovery experience”.
- Individual projects with faculty.
- The Mathematics Advanced Study Semesters (MASS) program (juniors/seniors)
- P-MASS program (freshman/sophomores).
- Many of our students also work at the Applied Research Lab.
Mathematics Conferences for Undergraduates
- Some financial support is available for Math students to present at a conference.https://math.psu.edu/about/giving/mae
- List of MAA Mathfest future meetings
- List of conferences.
- Rose-Hulman Institure of Technology, Undergraduate Mathematics Conference
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Undergraduate Math Conference
- Southwestern Undergraduate Mathematics Research Conference
- Youngstown State University, Pi Mu Epsilon Regional Conference
Journals for Undergraduate Mathematics
- Minnesota Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Ball State Mathematics Exchange
- The Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Mathematics Journal
- The Waterloo Mathematics Review
- JYI: Journal of Young Investigators
- Involve: a journal of mathematics
Interested in more information? Email us.